Thursday, July 17, 2014

This Is The Place Monument – Overlooking The Valley – Salt Lake City, Utah





In April of this year, I shared a vintage postcard with you that shows the This Is The Place Monument in Salt Lake City, Utah. I also mentioned in that post that there were six different postcards depicting this monument in my grandparents' collection and that I'd be sharing them in future posts.

It's time to share the second of these postcards with you today. The first postcard I shared shows the front of the This Is The Place Monument with the mountains in the background. The postcard I'm sharing today is quite interesting because it shows the back of the monument with the Salt Lake Valley in the background.

I don't know when this postcard was published.  But my grandparents likely bought it in the summer of 1952.

I'll be sharing more This Is The Place Monument postcards in future posts.

Thanks for stopping by!


© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...