Thursday, May 30, 2013

Welcome to Grandpa's Postcards

Webster Family Before Leaving For The US 1952
Webster Family
June 10, 1952
Sao Paulo, Brazil


Welcome to Grandpa's Postcards!

In the summer of 1952, my maternal grandfather, Debs Warren Webster, and his family, emigrated from Brazil to the United States.  They traveled on the ocean liner, The S.S. Brazil.  After arriving in New York, Debs and his family bought a car and some camping equipment and traveled across the United States to California.  Debs took lots of photos and the family collected postcards along their way.

My grandparents collected many more postcards during their lives.

This blog is dedicated to sharing my grandparents' vintage postcard collection.
 
Thanks for stopping by!



© 2013 Copyright by Jana Last

6 comments:

  1. Having these amazing postcards in one place is a grand idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! My grandparents collected quite a few fun postcards, so I thought it would be cool to share them with my family and others who would be interested in seeing them.

      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. This is great! Good luck with managing two blogs! I can't keep up with one the way I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thank you! And thanks for wishing me luck. I just may need it trying to keep up with two blogs. =)

      Delete
  3. Jana - This blog is a great idea! It is so wonderful you have your grandparents collection! It'll be fun to see their new life and travels across the U.S.!
    I collected postcards as a child. My goal was to have one from each state. I think I had 38! Family members knew of my collection and would send me postcards while on vacation. Somehow that collection is lost. :( That happens as you grow up and move on. So today I collect vintage postcards from the area where I live. Once a postcard collector always a postcard collector!
    I look forward to your future blog posts. I'll check back often to see where your grandparents are in their journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      Thank you!

      Oh, that's so sad that your postcard collection was lost. thank you for following my new blog. I appreciate it! =)

      Delete

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...